The Museum is currently seeking volunteers
Volunteers make a valuable and essential contribution to museums and we are currently looking to recruit some to help us with a variety of tasks.
- Collections management. This can involve cataloguing and researching objects in the collection, conducting environmental checks and re-housing/moving items.
- Administrative duties. This can include anything from data entry, organising archival material to photocopying documents.
- Digital output. This would involve producing thoughtful and engaging digital content for our social media channels and website.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to gain practical experience in an accredited museum within historic Edinburgh Castle
- Training and induction when you join us
- Opportunities to attend free museum training days as a representative of the Museum
- The possibility of being offered the occasional paid weekend shift at the Museum
You should be
- Aged 18 or older
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to volunteer at least a couple of hours per week
- Have a friendly and personable manner
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative but take direction when required
- Interested in pursuing a career in the museum or heritage sector
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering with us please send a short cover letter outlining your interests and suitability along with a copy of your CV (no more than 2 pages long) to Mr Desmond Thomas.