1. Introduction. The SCOTS Officers’ Black Hackle dinner night will take place on Fri 24 Mar 23 in The Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh and all officers are strongly encouraged to support this event.
2. Attendance. The dinner is open to all SCOTS Regular, Reserve and Cadet Officers, serving or retired. Officers from our antecedent regiments are also invited to attend.
3. Timings and Format. Officers are to arrive at the Royal Scots Club at 1930hrs for welcome drinks in the Hepburn Suite. A three-course dinner with wine / port will be served in the Princess Royal Suite. A cash/contactless bar will be available throughout the evening.
4. Entertainment. Guests will be entertained with music from the Pipes and Drums and the SCOTS Band.
5. Seating Plan. Each table in the Princess Royal Suite will accommodate eight officers. Officers who wish to sit with certain others should indicate this in their response.
6. Dress and Accommodation. Dress for the evening will be black tie / dress with miniature medals. It is an individual’s responsibility to arrange any accommodation requirements.
7. Cost. The cost per head will depend on the final numbers attending but it is estimated it will be in the region of £70 - £80. Officers who are members of the SCOTS Officers’ Fund will have their cost subsidised by 50%.
8. Booking. Officers wishing to attend the dinner should click on "Book Now" at the bottom of this page by no later than Fri 3 Mar 23 and include the following information:
- Rank, Full name (include known name), surname and post nominals
- Serving or Retired Officer (where appropriate, include antecedent regiment)
- Any dietary or access requirements
- Seating plan preferences
- Preferred contact details
9. Capacity. It is expected that the dinner will reach maximum capacity, so officers are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.