1. Introduction. The Museum of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, in conjunction with The Royal Scots Museum and The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Museum, is presenting a Regimental History Day in Edinburgh Castle on Saturday 25 March 2023.
2. Attendance. The event is open to all visitors to the Castle, and members of the Regimental family are strongly encouraged to come along to this fun packed history day.
3. Timings and Format. The event will run from 1000hrs to 1600hrs and will include a timetable of activities running throughout the day in various locations in the Castle. The opening event will be a musical performance on the Castle esplanade at 1000hrs.
4. Activities. A full timetable of events will be available on entry to the Castle, but a summary of the activities for the day will include:
· A Military band and Pipes & Drums upbeat musical performances.
· An object handling opportunity to look at modern military equipment.
· Meet Cpl Cruachan IV, the Regimental mascot.
· Performances from the Scots at War Living History Group.
· Kids craft drop-in activities.
· An opportunity to play musical instruments, with instruction.
5. Castle Admission/Cost. Access to the Regimental History Day is through the Edinburgh Castle ticket site, and pre-booking is encouraged to guarantee entry. Please note:
· There is a 20% discount available for military families when booking in advance on the Edinburgh Castle website and using the code RHD20 at checkout. This is valid for all adult, concession and child tickets, but family passes are exempt as they are already discounted.
· Access to the Castle is free for MOD 90 cardholders but must be booked in advance.
· Young Scot Card holders can enter the Castle for £1.
· There is also a ‘Kids for £1’ deal. At the point of booking, entering the code VSBEANO will reduce child entry to £1 when accompanied by at least 1 full-price adult per transaction. This can be redeemed for up to 6 children. For more information, please go to: www.visitscotland.com.