The SCOTS on exercise in the Scottish Highlands


There are a number of different methods for accessing welfare.

Applications for assistance from serving members of the Regiment and their families should be made via Unit Welfare Officers or PRU Personnel Recovery Officer (PRO), who will contact RHQ SCOTS Welfare Team if required.

Those who are facing medical discharge through either the Wounded Injured & Sick (WIS) or RECU routes should make an appointment with their Welfare Officer as early as possible in the discharge process to ensure they receive the maximum benefits available to them during transition.  If you are facing medical discharge you qualify for a Lifeworks course run by Poppyscotland and The Royal British Legion. This is a one-week residential course designed to help with CV skills, interview techniques and transition advice.

Veterans with welfare needs should contact Poppyscotland, The Royal British Legion, SSAFA or The Officers’ Association. These organisations have case workers who can assist you promptly and professionally and will approach RHQ on your behalf, if appropriate.

There is help available from several sources and those soldiers, veterans or family members who have been affected by injury or loss are encouraged to contact the Regimental Welfare Office to see what assistance may be given

medical discharge

Those who face medical discharge through WIS or RECU are able to access further support from the Regimental charity.  Please speak to your unit Line Managers for further details or to arrange an appointment with your Unit Welfare Officer – the earlier in your discharge process the better!